Also in this section...
We now provide details of vacancies in the area. Please be aware that GPEU Southampton do not endorse any of these job advertisements. Please see below for more details. If you have a vacancy and you would like to see it listed here, please email your advert to Inga Janmere
Lordshill Health Centre- GP Partner or Salaried GP with a view to Partnership- 4 to 6 sessions
We are a 9 Partner GP surgery, looking for an experienced or newly qualified GP to work up to 4 to 6 sessions per week with a manageable list size.
We are based in Southampton, with its rich maritime heritage. Not far from Southampton you’ll find areas of natural beauty and stunning coastlines. The New Forest National Park, the Isle of Wight and the coastal resorts of Bournemouth and Poole are all nearby as well as St Mary’s Football Stadium and the Ageas Bowl Cricket facility within easy reach!
What we offer you:
- We pride ourselves with our caring, friendly and fully supportive working environment for all our staff. Our team is truly the most sociable of the practices you’ll come across and we have a great degree of work flexibility.
- Consistently high ratings for patient satisfaction year in year out, that puts us as one of the best for patient experience in Southampton.
- We are a forward thinking and innovative GMS practice with approximately 12,400 registered patients, delivering high quality patient focussed care.
- A strong clinical team comprising of 9 GP partners with personal lists that supports continuity of care, patient satisfaction and flexibility , 1 GP Retainer, 1 Nurse practitioner, a well led nursing and HCA team as well as a reinforcing admin and reception team.
- Forward thinking Business Manager who works hand in hand with the Clinicians to ensure full support and wellbeing of all staff, as we move forward in this dynamic and stimulating face of general practice
- Vastly experienced training practice currently with 3 trainers accommodating up to 3 GP Trainees plus we also welcome medical students looking for insight into general practice. We encourage whole team progress and close the surgeries on specific afternoons for training purposes.
- Relatively small area covered for home visiting (compared to rural)
- 6 weeks annual leave and 1 week study leave pro rata
- Wide range of enhanced services and high QOF achievement, CQC “Good” in all areas
- Close relationship with the Southampton Primary Care Ltd (SPCL) with one of our partners a director. We provide both clinicians and accommodation to support this GP hub
- Fully embedded in a strong operational Primary Care Network
- NHS Property owned premises
- EMIS clinical System, Docman 10, Accu Rx, Ardens-Q Masters and Lexacom systems, with fully established remote access working
- Oh…………not forgetting “Gloria”, our practice home visiting bike!!!
- Informal visit prior to application most welcomed
Interested candidates please send your CV to Debra Charman , Lordshill Health Centre, Lordshill, Southampton SO16 8HY or arrange an informal visit with either our Business Manager Debra Charman or one of our Partners, Dr Henry Dean
We look forward to hearing from you!
Coastal Meidcal Partnership- Associate GP with interest in frailty care- 5 sessions
Associate GP with an interest in Frailty Care – working within the network delivering traditional General Practice combined with providing medical support within our developing Care Home/Frailty Team.
5 sessions per week (negotiable sessions based on successful candidate’s requirements)
Starting date: Negotiable
Coastal Medical Partnership is a forward thinking, newly merged Super-Partnership based across 5 sites in New Milton & Lymington. Combining three successful partnerships - The Arnewood Practice, New Milton Health Centre and Barton Webb-Peploe - we now have 23 GP Partners leading a clinical and non-clinical team looking after 34,000 patients and forming one PCN.
We have an exciting opportunity for a GP to join our dynamic, enthusiastic and well regarded Practice close to the South Coast and the New Forest. We are looking for the right person to fit our team, and it is this that makes our session requirements flexible; we will aim to fit our needs around the right person.
As well as 23 partners, we have 2 GP Retainers, 8 Associate (salaried) GPs, 4 Nurse Practitioners, and a full complement of Treatment room staff including Diabetes and Respiratory Nurse Specialists and highly trained Healthcare Assistants and Phlebotomists. We also have 5 Pharmacists, 2 Pharmacy Technicians, and are developing a lifestyle medicine offer for our patients alongside traditional General Practice. Our service also includes FCP Practitioners, a Primary Care Mental Health team, a Paediatric Hub and Cardiology GPSI clinic. We strongly support the areas of special interest which many of our GPs have, including internal interests such as Minor Surgery, Contraception/Family Planning, Paediatrics, as well as external roles such as GP Appraisers, Research and Community Diabetes and other GPSI roles.
As a practice we are passionate about the education and training of all health professionals. We have 7 GP Trainers, GP Clinical Supervisors and Nurse Mentors within our team, and support GP training, medical students, paramedic training, nurse training etc.
Coastal Medical Partnership and Network have set up a Care Home Frailty team to support the delivery of Enhanced Health in Care Homes. To this end we have invested in a lead OT Practitioner, a Frailty Nurse Specialist, and are also committing Pharmacist and Pharmacy Technician time. We have a Frailty Team Care Co-ordinator in post supporting this team, and now wish to enhance the team further with 8 sessions of GP time. Some of this will be delivered by current GPs, and we seek to employ a further 5 sessions.
The successful candidate will have the chance to provide cover within our GP sites for current GPs who might want to support the service, as well as deliver the Frailty GP time themselves. This gives a great opportunity to maintain GP skills alongside enjoying specialist skills and knowledge in frailty care.
If you are interested in joining a friendly, sociable team who as a work family are committed to looking after our patients and each other via high quality care and safe working, please contact our Business Manager, Jayne Tabor , to find out more or arrange to visit the practice.
Contact phone: 01425 624204
Stokewood Surgery - Salaried GP - 6 sessions per week
Due to retirement we are seeking a 6 session list holding salaried GP to commence August/September 2021. We will require cover on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays; to include visiting and duty GP cover on a fair share basis.
We offer pro-rata 6 weeks annual leave plus one-week study leave; mentor support; and your registered patient list is capped according to BMA recommendation. The partners would consider a 9 to 12 month fixed term contract if this would be of interest to an applicant. Salary £10.098 per session per annum.
More about our Practice:
- Stable workforce of 6 partners and 7 salaried GPs, 2 Advanced Nurse Practitioners, team of practice nurses and healthcare assistants, plus supportive reception and administrative staff members.
- Current list size of 18,800 patients.
- Recently extended main surgery and one branch site.
- CQC Rated Good (August 2020)
- In-house Education programme and mentorship, including programme of clinical, significant event and external speaker meetings – although currently adapted due to pandemic requirements.
- We are a training practice with two registrars and medical students.
- Research active practice, currently participating in several COVID trials.
- PMS contract and extended hours access.
- Member practice of the Winchester Rural South PCN, including access to services provided by additional role clinicians.
- We use EMISweb and linked pathology services.
If you are interested in this post, please contact Deborah Humphries , Practice Manager, for more information or to arrange a visit.
Application with CV welcome by email to practice manager.
Closing date: 23/5/21
North Baddesley Surgery - Salaried GP - 2-6 sessions
North Baddesley Surgery is looking for two enthusiastic new salaried or retained GPs to join our supportive team for 2 - 6 sessions a week. We can be very flexible for the right candidate.
We are a growing practice dedicated to patient care. Our clinical team is currently made up of five GP partners, three salaried GPs and a full and experienced Nursing and HCA Team, which is assisted by excellent admin and reception teams. As part of the Romsey and North Baddesley PCN, we also have First Contact Practitioners (Physiotherapists) in the practice three days a week, a domiciliary phlebotomist and a pharmacy team.
We are based over two sites, North Baddesley Surgery and Knightwood Surgery, with a list size of approximately 10,000 patients. We use EMIS Web, AccuRx and eConsult. We were rated Good in our last CQC inspection.
We are a training practice with 3 GP trainers and often have between 2-4 learners at any one time.
We are looking for a salaried GP to cover between 2 - 6 sessions per week and would consider a job share for the right candidates. The successful candidate(s) will be involved in routine care and on the day duty GP cover.
We would be happy to receive any informal enquiries and would welcome a visit to the practice to introduce you to our team. Please contact Laura Elliott , Deputy Practice Manager on 02380 743400
If you would like to apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Laura Elliott .
Gudgehealth Lane Surgery - Salaried GP - 4- 6 sessions
Our team is looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated GP to join us as a Salaried GP for 4/6 sessions a week.
We are a friendly family practice with patient care at heart. We are a cohesive team of GPs, Practice Nurses and a HCA, and the right candidate can really make a difference to the practice environment. We have a very supportive ethos amongst the clinicians and always find the time to discuss clinical concerns over a cup of tea.
The practice is situated on the beautiful Hampshire coast - great for outdoor pursuits including sailing.
We have a list size of 9000 patients, and are a high achieving Practice - 100% QoF for the last few years. We use EMIS Web medical software.
We can offer you:
- Opportunity to develop special interests.
- Excellent team ethos in a supportive environment where everyone’s opinion counts.
- Training Practice
Website: Gudge Health Lane Surgery
Application letters with accompanying CV can be emailed; or posted to:
Caroline Toone, Practice Manager, Gudgeheath Lane Surgery 187 Gudgeheath Lane Fareham PO15 6QA
The closing date: Friday 15th May 2021