Also in this section...
We now provide details of vacancies in the area. Please be aware that GPEU Southampton do not endorse any of these job advertisements. Please see below for more details. If you have a vacancy and you would like to see it listed here, please email your advert to Inga Janmere
Stokewood Surgery- Locum required- 3 to 4 sessions per week
We are looking for a three to four session locum GP from April to end September 2020. The main site is based in Fair Oak, Eastleigh with a branch site 1.5 miles down the road in Bishopstoke. We would prefer the sessions worked over 2 days ideally. We offer 6 weeks annual leave (and up to 1 week study leave) pro rata. The locum would be expected to take a fair share of visits on both days (one visit included in session fee and any additional at £25 per visit). We would also require a fair share of duty doctor sessions. The GP would be expected to cover a fair share list of ‘usual’ patients.
More about our Practice:
- We have 7 partners and by April will have 5 salaried GPs, 3 advanced nurse practitioners and a team of practice nurses and healthcare assistants plus a supportive reception and admin team.
- We have an in-house Education programme & mentorship which includes a speaker meeting once a month plus a clinical/significant meeting once a month.
- We became a training practice in 2018 and currently have two registrars. We also have undergraduate students.
- Rated ‘Good’ overall by CQC inspectors in April 2019.
- We hold a PMS contract offering extended hours.
- We use EMISweb and linked pathology services
- Approx 18,000 patients
If you are interested in this post, please contact Deborah Humphries , Practice Manager for more information or to arrange a visit.
Oaks Healthcare- Partner or Salaried GP- 6 sessions per week
Exciting opportunity to join an expanding practice located in excellent modern purpose-built (leased) premises in South East Hampshire
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated GP to join either as a Partner or a Salaried GP (with view to Partnership) for six sessions a week.
We are a high performing practice with a strong ethos of continuity of patient care, team work and peer support. We have a list size of circa 16,000 patients, use EMIS Web and our most recent CQC rating was GOOD. We operate personal lists and run a mixture of walk-in surgeries and booked appointments.
Other benefits to joining our team include:
- Established training practice with the successful applicant having the opportunity to become a GP trainer
- Teaching practice taking medical students from Southampton University and Imperial College London
- Active sessional research practice looking to increase our involvement in commercial research projects - one of our GPs has recently been awarded a NIHR In-Practice Fellowship
- Partners are encouraged to pursue interests outside of the core contract – we have individuals involved in GP appraisals, LMC GP Listener role, OOH Clinical Directorship, medico-legal and mental health capacity expertise and Clinical Directorship of the local PCN
- Support from a highly experienced clinical support team including Advanced Nurse Practitioners, Diabetes Nurse and Respiratory Nurse Specialists
We are a member of the Southern Hampshire Primary Care Alliance who run the local extended hours service: local GPs all have the opportunity to work extended hours shifts in the evenings and at weekend.
Please contact Karen Jeffries , Business Manager direct line 023 92245709. We also welcome informal discussions with one of our GP Partners, Dr W Teo .
Salaried GP vacancy - Solent NHS Trust GP Surgery
Salaried GP in central Southampton in a Trust rated 'outstanding' for care.
Competitive salary and sensible working hours in a south coast location. South Downs and the New Forest National park on the doorstep!
This is an opportunity to develop a flexible portfolio career in an innovative practice looking to challenge the current boundaries of Primary care. Solent GP Surgery is undertaking an exciting transformation project which provides the opportunity to work over several sites. Practice has close integration with local PCN and Community trust. A second language would be beneficial and sponsorship is available.
We are committed to helping our GPs fulfill their personal development plans with a generous study leave budget and opportunities to develop clinical and leadership skills. Sessions and hours are also negotiable. Pay scale commensurate with responsibilities.
The same level of indemnity cover as hospital doctors (Crown indemnity)
- 15 minute appointments, as standard
- A fair equal share of day to day admin work with an emphasis on teamwork.
- No individual patient lists
- Financial support for training and study leave
- Support from senior GP colleagues
- Opportunities for teaching and research sessions
If you are committed to the future of primary care and want to be part of a multi-disciplinary team of professionals working to improve the health of the local population, please contact us to arrange a visit.
If you would like to visit our surgeries or for further information about the role, please contact Ann Spooner , Primary Care Manager on 023 8103 1342
Please forward CV’s to Ann Spooner or visit www.jobs.nhs.uk Job ref 449-ME081
Partner and/or Salaried/Flexible sessions- Abbeywell Surgery
19,000 patient, 2 Sites each side of Romsey Town Centre.
- Dispensing ( at both Sites)
- Supportive of our PCN (GP Lead) Practice.
Full complement of long serving Staff across all roles – ANPs for on the day work, Lead Chronic Disease Nurses and Administrative Team Big enough to design or roll with change, small enough to retain familiarity.
Recognise that GPs want to work in a varied way and is the future, so keen to hear from great people out there!
Have a Partner retirement and are growing, so many options/opportunities! Interested or want to chat – contact Julie Davies (Business Manager) – would be lovely to hear from you!
GP Partner- 6 sessions over 4 days or 4 sessions over 3 days
We are a 10 Partner GP surgery, friendly and supportive, but sadly one of our partners is relocating to another part of the country for personal reasons so we are now looking for the right person to complete our team.
Are you that person?
We are an extremely happy, cohesive team. Our core values are based on fairness and equality and we encourage a good work/life balance. We are innovative in our approach and outlook to general practice, but hold dear our traditional family doctor approach.
We are based in Southampton, with its rich maritime heritage. Not far from Southampton you’ll find areas of natural beauty and stunning coastlines. The New Forest National Park, the Isle of Wight and the coastal resorts of Bournemouth and Poole are all nearby.
- Personal lists ensuring high levels of satisfaction, improved efficiency and continuity of care
- EMIS web clinical system
- Partner led – our only locum is a previous Partner of the surgery
- 12,000 + patients
- Full range of GMS services and high achievement for QOF
- CQC “Good” in all areas
- We are a member of Southampton Primary Care Limited and Southampton West PCN
- 6 weeks annual leave and 1 week study leave pro rata
- NHS Property owned premises
- Training Practice (currently 3 Trainers)
- Research Practice
- Excellent nursing team and support staff
- Oh…………and “Gloria” our practice home visiting bike!!!!!
If you share our values and would like to apply for this position, please send your CV together with a covering letter detailing the reasons you would like to work for us to: - Ms Debbie Charman , Practice Manager at Lordshill Health Centre or call 02380 738144 to arrange an informal visit to the surgery.
Salaried GP- 5 sessions- Raymond Road and Brook House Surgeries
Raymond Road (SO15 5AL) and Brook House Surgeries (SO16 4NZ) are looking for a Salaried GP to join our expanding team, working 5 sessions per week as follows;
To support you in your role we are able to offer:
- A competitive salary
- Ability to work flexibly and achieve a good work-life-balance
- Nurse Practitioners to support clinics
- A Clinical Manager (Pharmacy Technician)
- A well-established Practice Nurse team
- A supportive team of reception, workflow and medical secretarial staff
Our Surgeries are :
- GP Training Practice and medical student teaching
- EMIS Web Clinical System
- Good CQC rating on both sites in all areas
- A friendly and supportive working environment
- Great learning and sharing ethos
As this is a role that could encompass sessions at both Brook House and Raymond Road Surgeries, we have a varied patient population, enabling clinicians to have engagement with a variety of patient groups.
Please contact Martyna Zaborszczyk , the Practice Manager on 02380 227559 for more information and a CV.